Monday 1 April 2013

NaPoWriMo Day 1: Words

So welcome to Day 1 of NaPoWriMo were poets across the globe are attempting to write a poem a day for the month of April.

It was looking a bit bleak when I hadn't actually spent any time writing during the day but after a particularly good puja at the Buddhist Centre led by Padmavajra this started coalescing in my head, which was cue to dash out the building - inspiration is happening!



Words


Some words reach out to me
like a potter's fingers.
Parting the soft clay of my ribs
so they might shape my heart.

massage aorta
dwell in vena cava
dance between atriums
unfurl
to the quickening pulse
dispelling that tightness
of fear and frustration
so that burdened muscle
can finally relax
my chest opening its tissue
to the beauty that ensues

The same constellation of characters
will not move me twice
but they've marked my rhythm,
the way a ripple never truly leaves a pool.


No comments:

Post a Comment